For Internet marketers, social bookmarking is an excellent way to drive free traffic to their websites.It’s also a great way to build backlinks to their sites. However, for each network you join, you must fill out a profile, write a description of your URL and finally submit your URL. Now, while this sounds ‘easy’, try doing this for 100 sites. It would end up taking you several days before you get through them all. But if you automate social bookmarking, you can submit as many sites as you need without going through this process.
So just how do you automate social bookmarking to keep this task down to a minimum?
- To automate social bookmarking, you must use a special type of software known as a social bookmarking submitter. To use them, all you have to do is enter in the URL you would like to bookmark. The software will take care of the rest as it will automatically send the bookmarks, provided that you at least have an account opened with whatever network you’re trying to submit to. You will need to update the software with all the accounts you have at each bookmarking site you would like to submit your pages to.
- Of course, be aware that not everyone thinks you should automate social bookmarking. Many people feel like this spamming the social bookmarking sites. If you use the software to tag too many URLs at one time, you mightget flagged for spam. When this happens, your account is usually banned. And, if a network bans you based on your IP address, you may not be able to create a new one without using a completely different computer. So that means don’t bookmark your own pages constantly throughout the day, each and every day or you run the risk of being flagged a spammer.
- If you submit just a few URLs at a time, you probably won’t be on the radar at most social bookmarking networks. Just make sure that you’re not submitting too many URLs from the same site, or other users may still suspect that you’re trying to spam the network.
- So, with that being said, how does a person get started with social bookmarking submitters? Their best bet is to search what’s available online. Keywords like “automate social bookmarking” or “social bookmarking submitter” should yield what you’re looking for. You may even find submitters that are free-of-charge.
- In conclusion, if you don’t have time to manually submit your links to social bookmarking services, you could consider automating the process through a social bookmarking submitter. Just be aware that when you automate social bookmarking you do put your account at risk slightly, especially if you send too many URLs at once. So, be cautious if you do decide to use a submitter to automate social bookmarking. As long as you remember to do that, you should have a lot easier time promoting your websites.